We at Scott Cleaners value your clothing and furnishings just as much as you do! Here are some handy tips to make your linens last longer!
- Don’t press stained or soiled clothes as the heat could set the stains.
- If you get a stain, bring it in for professional cleaning as soon as possible, if it is left too long, the stain can be impossible to remove and shorten the life of your garment.
- Discuss any stains with your cleaner, make sure to point out “invisible stains” or light-colored. These are typically from sodas, juices, or white wines.
- Make sure lotions, deodorants/antiperspirants, perfumes, and other toiletries are dry before you get dressed. These products can contain ingredients that affect dyes.
- Protect your clothing from excessive perspiration, especially silks because it can cause many dyes to discolor.
- Having matching pieces cleaned together, this includes bedspreads and drapes, so that any possible color loss will be uniform and pieces will still match.
- Plastic bags are provided to protect your garments until you get home. Once there, it is best to store your garments uncovered or in fabric garment bags.
It’s always nice to get some recognition. Our President Scott Davis recently was interviewed by National Clothesline and we couldn’t be more honored! Click the link below to read about the history of our company and our fantastic leader, Scott Davis!
TO DO LIST:
- print money saving coupons
- gather all dirty clothes
- drop off dirty clothes at Scott Cleaners
- enjoy the rest of the day, PHEW
Come see us at 13316 S Western Ave in Oklahoma City we have friendly staff, great hours, and a convenient drive thru window.
Vote Scott Cleaners as Best Dry Cleaners in the Community Services category. Vote daily through June 23rd!
Stop by our new and improved Edmond location and enjoy service with ease using our drive thru. Our new address is 792 E Danforth Rd in Edmond, OK. We are open Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm and Saturday 8am-5pm. See you soon!
Scott Cleaners has been providing the Oklahoma City area with dry cleaning and other laundry services for over 45 years. Now, Scott Cleaners offers drapery / curtain cleaning service.
What Is Included in Drapery Cleaning?
Scott Cleaners will first remove spots and stains from your drapery /curtains. Next, Scott Cleaners will dry clean your draperies. If you would like further services to be done to your draperies, like pressing for pleats or anything else, please let us know when you contact us for your drapery cleaning.
Why Should I Use Drapery Cleaning?
Whether you are spring cleaning, moving, or just pulling some drapes out of storage, drapery / curtain cleaning is a great service Scott Cleaners offers to help you keep your home happy and clean. When it comes to draperies, dry cleaning is a good solution, as it keeps your draperies in tact. You won’t have to worry about your draperies shrinking or fading.
We do not recommend that you wash your drapes at home (check the laundry care instructions). Neither do we recommend that you use our drapery cleaning service often (once a week). We do recommend that you use drapery cleaning regularly (once per quarter) so you can extend the life of your draperies. You can read more about drapery lifespans below.
How Long Should My Draperies Last?
Experts tell us that your draperies should last three years if they are unlined draperies and five years if they are lined draperies. There are several things you can do to extend the life expectancy, however.
Dryclean draperies regularly (once per quarter), but not often (once a week), to keep soil and grease from damaging fabrics. Rotate draperies, if possible, so that exposure to intense sunlight is varied. Guard carefully against water damage from open windows. Water rings develop and are almost impossible to remove, unless the fabric can be wet cleaned. This is usually not the case.
Scott Cleaners offers platinum shirt service. Our platinum shirt service takes wrinkled and soiled shirts and turns them back into good looking business attire.
Platinum Shirt Service
What Is Platinum Shirt Service?
At Scott Cleaners we don’t stop with washing your garments — with platinum shirt service, we remove stains, replace buttons, mend the seams and finish your shirts by pressing them, perhaps with starch if you prefer it.
Why Should I Use Platinum Shirt Service?
Platinum shirt service allows for your clean, crisp collars and cuffs to make you look professional all day long. Simply put, platinum shirt service is your answer for clean and professional attire. An executive shirt is supposed to look good and feel great. With platinum shirt service, your whites will be brighter and your colors fade less over time. Our platinum shirt service uses a lower temperature and gentler cleaning, so your shirts last longer and shrink less. It’s the professional shirt service designed for professionals.