We at Scott Cleaners value your clothing and furnishings just as much as you do! Here are some handy tips to make your linens last longer!
- Don’t press stained or soiled clothes as the heat could set the stains.
- If you get a stain, bring it in for professional cleaning as soon as possible, if it is left too long, the stain can be impossible to remove and shorten the life of your garment.
- Discuss any stains with your cleaner, make sure to point out “invisible stains” or light-colored. These are typically from sodas, juices, or white wines.
- Make sure lotions, deodorants/antiperspirants, perfumes, and other toiletries are dry before you get dressed. These products can contain ingredients that affect dyes.
- Protect your clothing from excessive perspiration, especially silks because it can cause many dyes to discolor.
- Having matching pieces cleaned together, this includes bedspreads and drapes, so that any possible color loss will be uniform and pieces will still match.
- Plastic bags are provided to protect your garments until you get home. Once there, it is best to store your garments uncovered or in fabric garment bags.